This is so easy to make you will question why you bought it in a jar! You can also add some chickpeas, borlotti beans, avocado or tofu for an extra protein boost. If you don’t have broccoli or peas substitute with other veg like mushrooms, green beans, peppers etc. For the vegetarians boil a couple of eggs and quarter. Place on top before serving
50g Pine Nuts
1 Clove Garlic
20g Basil Leaves
20ml Olive Oil
1 tsp. Nutritional Yeast
Lemon Juice & Rock Salt to taste
Remainder of Ingredients
70g Frozen Peas
Dried Pasta (about 2 handfuls per person 65-70g)
Basil to garnish Parmesan or Vegan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Place all pesto ingredient into a food processor and blitz for 20 seconds.
- Place pesto mix into a deep-frying pan and heat over a low heat for 1 minute. Add broccoli and peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and add to pesto and veg mix and stir through thoroughly.
- Serve with basil garnished on top and grated parmesan or vegan cheese