Fiona Waring is a freelance Registered Nutritionist with expertise in nutritional analysis, food composition and dietary assessment. Fiona Waring’s Nutrition Consultancy covers a wide section of the health and food industry. Having provided support and having extensive experience in the following areas:
- Label Compliance -The majority of prepacked foods must now display nutritional information. Fiona will provide a cost effective service for the review of food label compliance checks against the UK European Food Information to Consumer Regulation, EU No.1169/2011 and product specific legislation including on pack claims. nutritional information for food production and food supplements to secure approval for health claims on packaging.
- Allergen information for customers – Fiona will overview and advise on product specifications and format/content, raw material specification reviews against company policy to include allergen risk assessments for correct label information.
- Fiona also has has extensive customer technical department interaction to include M&S, Waitrose, Neal’s Yard, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrison’s, ASDA, Co-operative, Fortnum & Mason, Pret A Manger, Cambridge Nutritional Sciences and Paxton & Whitfield.
- Fiona has worked with these product areas- soups, sauces, stocks, gravies, porridge, sweet & savoury bakery products, food supplements.
- Fiona has broad technical interactions to include– Retail Technologists, Directors, Department Managers, Production Staff, NPD, Sales Account Managers, Packing Technologists, Artwork House, Printers.
Fiona has studied to MSc level in Public Health Nutrition to include modules on medical statistics and epidemiology thus providing a unique service to companies who require independent analytical and appraisal skills of papers, published reports or media press releases. Whilst also using these skills to provide support material for new products
Fiona Waring also provides
- Specialist Advice Salt and Sugar Reduction – particular client groups such as maternal, infant or elderly.
- Steering group member for Thrive Public Health Plymouth intervention: 10-year plan to improve health and well-being and reduce health inequalities in the city.
- Encourage healthy lifestyle changes – create, deliver and evaluate a range of practical and educational food-based initiatives.
- Nutrition Support – to individuals, communities and workforce’s, to make positive, practical changes to their food choices and general health.
- Develop and analyse recipes for school meals, books, marketing publications, healthy eating programmes and individuals.